This original piece of art is the product of an art collaboration between myself and Amanda Judd according to the artistic philosophy and practical framework we outline in our book Artist rEvolution: A Five Week Odyssey into Inward Facing Collaboration, Self-Awareness & Discovery.
Process description: How the collaboration works
- We agree upon a theme, size, and color strategy. In this case:
- theme: “nature”
- size: 6″ x 6″
- color strategy: black and white during the first week, neon pink added weeks two and three
- The first week, we each create an agreed upon number of images (typically around five) and share them with each other at the end of the week.
- The second week, we take the influences of our merged work from the previous week and create another set (typically a smaller set). We build on each other’s ideas and share them with each other at the end of the week.
- The final week, we each create a final piece. Usually by this time we’ve broken some of our original rules (i.e. make a larger piece). The final piece is meant to embody concepts, subject matter and inspirations we’ve had along the way.
- 6″ x 6″ x 3/4″
- multimedia (media varies: acrylic paint, ink, collage, charcoal, etc)
- spray fixative for light protection
- mounted on wood for a simple, modern display
- signature stamp on the back (signifying our collaborative art making and the year in which it was made)
- hole on the back for mounting on the wall (we’ve also used command strips which work quite well)
- mix and match this ‘nature’ art with others to create your own custom story
Find more original art collaboration pieces on Amanda’s site!